Mouse Plague Update 5 September 2011
Dear Valued and Major Customer,
Our advice for mouse management to all Agronomists and Rural Merchants:
- Often, a major infestation in Autumn can survive over winter to leave modest
to high populations in Spring.
- Mouse damage in Spring is the most dangerous of all.
- In Spring, mice can cause rapid, ongoing and critical crop damage
- Mice will commence breeding in late Spring and numbers will rise to inflict
damage up to harvest.
- We and many others expect a second phase of mouse damage to occur in crops
(canola flowers and pods and wheat nodes etc) as conditions warm in this Spring.
- Some crop damage has already been reported but many are taking a risky “wait
and see” approach.
- Quick reaction will be essential to prevent major crop losses.
- Hesitations to order bait by or through Merchants due to the spreading
on-farm local mixing plants is adding to grower risks of major foreseeable crop
ACTA now holds about 600 tonnes of MOUSEOFF® ZP Rodent Bait (fully
sterilised and able to be used anywhere) in readiness. We also have over 150
tonnes of MOUSEOFF® Econobait in case sterilised supplies are
We continue to make Mouseoff ZP at 150 tonnes per week. ACTA has the capacity
to deliver over 1300 tonnes of Mouseoff ZP during September.
Additionally, ACTA can also make a further 150tons per week of MOUSEOFF®
Econobait to order.
MOUSEOFF® Econobait - Made to Order:
In response to many requests, ACTA will now offer a “Made to Order” version
Econobait. (conditions apply).
Conditions for “Made-To-Order” MOUSEOFF®
- Minimum order quantity is 10 tonnes.
- All grain is supplied directly by the farmer/ rural merchant, FIS ACTA,
- Grain must be delivered in 1t or 0.5t bulk bags. Bulk bin trucks not
- Grain quality, cleanliness and variety is the responsibility of the
- Grain to be triple rust resistant variety and cleaned, compliant to the
- Orders must be booked in and supplied to a specified production date.
- ACTA will manufacture the specific batch to its standard for Mouseoff
- Quality production of ACTA‘s proven Mouseoff ZP Rodent Bait formulation.
- ACTA will return the Econobait in 500kg bulk bags FIS to the Rural Merchant.
- Call for pricing.
ACTA have recently upgraded our shipping contracts and will now work through
TIG Freight Management who have instituted an email dispatch notification for
all consignments with full Track & Trace during transport for all shipments (as
requested in our phone hook-up a few months ago).
ACTA welcomes your feedback. Please email: email@example.com
or firstname.lastname@example.org or
call our office on 03 9308 9688.
Thank you for your patience and support throughout the season.
Prof Linton Staples
Animal Control Technologies Pty Ltd
PO Box 379
Somerton Vic 3062
Ph 03 9308 9688
Fax 03 9308 9622
M 0411 079333