SLUGGOFF® Lentils Slug and Snail Bait
SLUGGOFF® achieves slug control and snail control in wet or dry
The unique patented shape of the Delicia®
SLUGGOFF® Lentil Bait facilitates the bait being
taken into the mouth parts of even small slugs
and snails. This maximises bait effectiveness.
In developing this technology European scientists considered that:
- slugs and snails have small mouths and eat by rasping. A flat bait disc is
easy for small mouths to eat.
- slug and snail density can be very high, therefore a large number of bait
stations per/m2 are required.
- the ideal bait needs to work well in moist conditions, which is the time of
maximum slug and snail activity.
- fine tuning the formulation gave a palatable bait.
- doubling the dose rate of metaldehyde, from the usual 1.5% (w/w) found in
most cheap pellet products, to 3% (w/w), made the bait effective at low
- incorporating the active ingredient throughout the pellet avoids the risk of
- adding a bittering agent increased pet safety.
- the dust free formulation allows ready application while maximising operator
Slugs and snails are most active in wet conditions and it is well known that
traditional pellets work poorly in moist situations. Our European suppliers have
developed a highly rain-fast formulation, that can be used at any time, wet or
dry. Delicia® SLUGGOFF® Lentil bait is also long-lasting
to give some residual crop protection after a single application. Usually only
one treatment is required to obtain complete knockdown of slug and snail
A flat bait disc is easy for small mouths to eat.
SLUGGOFF® Lentils are a highly palatable, rain-fast bait to control
all species of slugs and snails in all crops and under all weather conditions.
Yet at the same time it uses less chemical per hectare than other products.
Extensive trials and experience throughout Europe confirm the outstanding
performance of this new technology. The product has been widely adopted as the
premium approach in Germany, France, England, Ireland, Italy, Spain and
Switzerland, where slugs and snails are significant crop pests.
The benefits of a dust-free formulation and brilliant spreading
characteristics help to limit risks to operators, while achieving excellent
spreading and minimising aerial or ground application costs.
Delicia® SLUGGOFF® Lentil bait is spread very thinly
and should not be applied in heaps. Coupled with the inclusion of a bittering
agent, the risks to pets is reduced. However, it is important to avoid placing
or storing large quantities where pets have access.
It is for these reasons Delicia® SLUGGOFF®
Lentil bait is the biggest innovation in slug and snail management for many
A variety of package sizes for all agricultural applications
Delicia® SLUGGOFF® Lentil bait is now available from
all leading rural merchants and horticultural product providers.
Packaging includes a variety of sizes for all agricultural applications. Most
users appreciate the convenience and safety of the 2, 4 or 8kg resealable pails
with tamper-evident lids and the 20kg bags with pourer spouts and carry handles.
Aerial operators appreciate the convenience and quick loading capability of the
500kg bulka bags.
SLUGGOFF® Lentil bait is now approved for use in home garden in
convenient shaker packs
Slug/Snail bait application Cost ($/Ha) at lowest approved
label application rate
- Highly effective innovative bait.
- Approved in all crops and gardens including vineyards, horticulture, cereals
- Approved for aerial, ground and hand application
- Spreads further than all other products
- Use just 3kg/ha for broadacre or 6kg/ha for horticulture and gardens
- Controls all species of SLUGS and SNAILS with proven reductions in crop
damage from just a single application
- High-tech lentil shape formulation for easy ingestion by large and small
slugs and snails
- Lentil shape achieves >100 bait stations per square metre
- The low use rate gives lower application costs per ha
- Low application rate applies less total chemical per ha
- Better time efficiency with less application downtime so lower spreading
- Rainfast to give consistent performance and prolonged protection in all
- Uniform particle size with no dust enables easy application and maximises
- Contains a bittering agent to minimise risk to pets. Do not heap
- Available in many pack sizes
- Available from leading merchants
- No special permits required for purchase or use.
These features mean that the SLUGGOFF® product
is highly effective yet achieves the desired slug and snail control while
putting less total chemical in the environment.